Wednesday, July 29, 2009

In Heaven

Grabbed my banjo and my bible today and wrote a bit of this song "Delight at Night":

No mournin' in the mornin'
No gloom in the afternoon
Elvis can hear me sing, Oh lord
Sorrow has gone too soon

Oh lord, I see my mama
I no longer know her fright
I really can’t feel a damn thing, Lord
But this false delight at night

Personally, I prefer Belinda Carlisle’s version of heaven over the Bible's.



“Ask yourself whether the dream of heaven and greatness should be waiting for us in our graves - or whether it should be ours here and now and on this earth.” - Ayn Rand

2 comments:

  1. love your country tune. i also loved your recitation of it with your accurate country twang.

    i am IN LOVE with your header! i want to change my blog now too!!! darn you and jenny and your lovely blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha it was my first great spontaneous country performance. I'm glad you like the header. I'm really happy with the wa it turned out as well. I just played with a bunch of pictures for like two hours. haha

    ReplyDelete