Friday, June 26, 2009

The Death of Michael Jackson



I love Michael Jackson. I grew up with his music, and his ever-changing face all over the media. On the news they were referring to his death, as though it were Kennedy's saying, "You'll always remember where you were when you heard the news." I definitely shall, since I found out via Twitter.


(Click to Enlarge)

I really felt connected to his death for some inexplicable reason. He was someone who was everywhere growing up. Now he is just gone? It was very peculiar to think about, even though I never really felt a significant connection with him before. However, I have always admired his music and talent. I loved him in The Jackson Five. “Who’s Loving You” is my favorite song. This morning, I woke up, put the song on, and my dog, Paco, came running onto my bed and began singing along.

2 comments:

  1. I was surprised when I first heard about it too, and then I was struck with a sudden fear... "Fuck! That means for about a month all the media is going to talk about is Michael Jackson!"

    I hate it when a celebrity dies.

    ReplyDelete