Sunday, June 14, 2009

Heavy Cross, all in gold



I have had a love affair with Gossip ever since viewing footage from "Live in Liverpool". Beth Ditto has a presence that cannot be ignored, nor imitated. It is very rare to possess both of these characteristics these days. I have had "Heavy Cross" on heavy rotation ever since it was released on their Myspace profile. The video reminds me of something from the 80's, with a futuristic twist. Not straying from her usual, Ditto is wearing outlandish outfits, which she pulls off spectacularly. Favorite? Of course, the all gold number at the beginning! Perhaps I shall start rocking gold lipstick. ha

2 comments:

  1. Beth Ditto is SO BADACE!!!

    this video actually makes me love the song even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is! I am dying to see them live.

    ReplyDelete