Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Jimmy Choo at H&M




In my opinion, H&M is the best place to find affordable, very chic clothing, and of course, there is not one single H&M in the entire state of Arizona. (The cultural wasteland I like to talk about quite frequently) The first time I shopped at H&M, I was 17 and in New York for the first time. I visited the store on 5th avenue, and remember being in awe at the style of clothing available for the cost. The collaboration with established designers really sets H&M apart from similar stores like Forever 21, because rather than merely knocking off an idea, they work in partnership with the people responsible for the creativity that is leading the fashion industry today.


Image via Jimmy Choo.

H&M's latest designer collaboration is with the world-renowned accessory designer Jimmy Choo. This is a bit different for H&M, as the retailer does not typically work with designers who specialize in accessories. It shall be interesting to see what Choo and H&M come up with, but I am sure the collection of shoes, bags, and clothing shall be held to the standards of Choo's past, present, and upcoming collections. November 14 is the day to mark on your calendar as "wake up obscenely early so I may arrive when H&M opens and push other bitches around". I am sure it shall be a busy day, as the highly anticipated collection launches in 200 stores.

Finally, I couldn't resist:

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you're becoming a regular ol' chip off the experienced blogger block.

    i feel like this particular post could be found alongside such greats as "Earwigs, ewwww" and... oh wait no... more like Nylon but in a good way.

    Not an obnoxious "Mischa Barton wearing denim" kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thank you. I am trying to actually write more, rather than just post photos of everything. It can become a bit mundane. It is unfortunate that I cannot stick to one blogging topic! The store better open in Scottsdale this fall!

    ReplyDelete